6/08/2007

Back in the Habit

After a too-long hiatus, I recently purchased new running shoes (Brooks Adrenaline GTS7s--for fit not style) and committed to getting back in the running habit. I've had three good runs this week and had only minor pain which I was able to push through. Pretty exciting!

There was a time many moons ago when I'd get antsy if I couldn't run for a day or two. I hope to get back to that place. To that end and to you, faithful and sporadic reader both, I give permission to hold me accountable. If you run into me and think of it, ask me when I ran last. Truly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

More power to ya Nate! I am running uphill on a treadmill at the gym. But there is nothing like running outdoors, especially somewhere pleasant & secluded. REKINDLE THE PASSION. BE DRIVEN. L&P Michael Atto

Nate said...

Thanks, Mike! I'm aiming to do my first 5K October 13th at the Pumpkins in the Park run. Maybe you can sign up for that one, too.

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/htm/events_races_pumpkins.asp

Unknown said...

I'd need to check with my doc about it. I was borderline hypertension on my last visit and doubt it's gone down since, but I don't want to push myself too hard and end up with cardiac arrest- that's just no fun.

Nate said...

It's OK. I know CPR. I'm there for you, man.