4/11/2007

Body Worlds 2

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

Today I had the long-anticipated pleasure of seeing "Body Worlds 2" at the Museum of Science and Industry. Fantastic!
I've always been intrigued by anatomy and physiology. I loved biology and a&p in high school and began college as a pre-med/psychology double major. The way God "knit us together" has never ceased to amaze me.
This may sound like an almost heretical analogy, but this exhibit did for my book studies in school what the recent "Gospel of John" drama did for my understanding of the written biblical text. Though the people were dead, the grandeur of God's design was really brought to life for me. Forget DaVinci...God is the ultimate artist and engineer. The human form...aesthetically beautiful and masterfully engineered.
I highly recommend this exhibit. It only runs through the end of the month, so get your tickets now.

No comments: