11/09/2008

Africa Trip Journal: Part Two

7-27-2008


Sermons Ideas:


1) "I believe; help my unbelief."


2) The power of secrets (Props? Roots destroy sidewalks, walls)


3) The unity of the Body.


* * *


I spoke w/ P. Edward last week. It was so encouraging. He is excited to have us and already I am fond of this brother and grateful to be partnering w/ him & City Harvest. It was good to get perspective & be reminded that the petty trials I encounter, the annoyances & interpersonal difficulties pale in comparison to what Kenyans struggle w/ daily.


* * *


The coffee came in this week and P. Kevin pitched it this morning. I'm eager to see how that goes and wonder if it will end up being a much bigger part of our support that I'd anticipated. The coffee's good, too--thankfully. Green Mtn. Coffee Kenyan Highland Cooperatives.

8-17-2008

Less than a month to go now--wow! Tickets have been purchased. Our itinerary is in order. I'm excited & anxious both. I know God is working in us & will work through us. He has provided above & beyond my expectations, yet I wonder how the gap will be closed. We are very short financially @ the moment. I have faith that God can bridge that gap, but should I be making a contingency plan?

No comments: